Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Salad or double chocolate chip?

It's a difficult choice - can't I have both?

It all went wrong last night... Yesterday was a healthy day - admittedly I ate rather a lot, but it was mostly healthy stuff, and when I was desperate for a chocolate fix after lunch I thought I'd try a slimfast chocolate caramel bar (only 99 calories) which was surprisingly nice. It didn't give quite the same hit as a mars bar - it was more a gentle tap - but along with the sweetness of a bottle of smooth tropicana, it lessened my screaming cravings for something sweet and sticky.

So, I'd decided to have a nicoise salad for dinner and I needed to grab some green beans on my way home. £25 and two heavy bags of shopping later, I was slumped on my sofa, an enormous Taste the Difference double-chocolate-chip cookie half-demolished in my hand. I was about to grab the tv remote before I remembered I was supposed to be playing netball 40 minutes later. Oh dear. Of course, being a tidy sort of person, I needed to finish the cookie (as half eaten biscuits look so messy lying around), but then I promptly felt sick and, although I was buzzing with energy, I had to drag myself out in the dark to rush to the game.

For the record, I did have a nicoise salad. I feel smug as I managed not to eat the whole lot so I've got the leftovers for lunch today. Not so smugly, I also ate the second cookie after my salad...well, my boyfriend had had two and I had done some excercise, it was only fair...

No comments: