Thursday, October 19, 2006

Mash

On a damp, dark Autumn evening, sometimes all you want to eat is a great big pile of comfort food. Last night was one of those nights, so I decided to make Shepherd's Pie (well, when I say decided that makes it sound last-minute. What I actually mean is I had been thinking about it all day). I made my mash with a mixture of normal potatoes and sweet potatoes, with some creme fraiche, which makes it lovely and yellow and smooth and gorgeous. The sort of food you don't even have to chew so you can shove as much in your mouth as quickly as possible. We washed it all down with red wine and then, mad with joy, discovered a tub of forgotten M&S flapjacks in the cupboard. It was so nice I didn't even feel guilty eating it in front of You Are What You Eat.

No comments: