Thursday, November 02, 2006

Pizza Expectations dashed

I was so disappointed when we went to Pizza Express last Saturday. I don't mean to have a bitch about it, as I hate it when food critics just moan and groan about meals they have eaten in lavish restaurants, but I actually left the restaurant feeling like I was going to be sick! In fact, I couldn't actually finish my lasagne because I started gagging, which was rather embarrassing. Normally it's a La Reine pizza every time, but I wanted to line my tummy as we were going out on the lash. My father-in-law raves about the lasagne there, so I thought I'd give it a try, but honestly, it was the worst I have ever eaten. Maybe it's just because I've had a few too many Delia home-made lasagnes? Her recipe is the best ever. Maybe I should forward it to Pizza Express. Gloopy and tasteless, their dish had the consistency of an Asda ready meal and surely noone in their right mind eats those. Yuck. You have been warned...

No comments: