Sunday, December 31, 2006

A trifle too full

Noones written on our blog for a little while, I guess it's because we've all been too busy stuffing our faces with turkey, trifle and fine wines. I was so excited at the thought of Christmas dinner I forgot to take any pictures - my husband's mother is a fantastic cook and did a splendid lunch with all the trimmings. We didn't sit down until 4pm and we were still at the table eating cheese at 11pm in between rounds of Scrabble and limoncello liqueur!

But it wouldn't be Christmas without a trifle, would it? And he's a picture of my Mum's homemade version we had on Boxing Day, made with fresh fruit, sherry, custard and cream, with almonds on the top. Always a winner. But this trifle had a contender ... a chocolate gateau, again homemade with no less than 99% cocoa chocolate that we bought in France before Christmas. It was scrumptious - deliciously rich. I had to be carried to the sofa for a nap afterwards!


By the way it seems like fellow blogger Food Slut has had a delectable Christmas! Please put a couple of your pics up here for us to salivate over!

No comments: