Monday, December 11, 2006

Going nuts

Last week a fellow blogger and I went to a stylish new restaurant jumping on the eco-bandwagon - Acorn House. I had read great reviews about the place but it did seem a little good to be true ... delicious food, a great atmosphere and totally environmentally sustainable. All caring and sharing - the perfect place to keep our guests happy for a few hours.

We started off well with a refreshing pear juice - I could even choose the fruit myself from the baskets behind me that decorated the walls. This set us up well for a delicious mozzarella salad (the cheese was divine, just the right bitterness/creaminess/chewiness). Just how mozzarella should be. For the main course I chose sea bream with roasted vegetables. The fish was just lovely, but the butternut squash still quite crunchy - I prefer it a bit creamier. My colleague chose cavallo nero ravioli. Cabbage ravioli. Doesn't sound the most appealing of foods and to be honest he didn't look enamoured with his portion of just five pieces at first - but he tells me it was very tasty.

By this time we'd polished off a few glasses of wine and we were soaking in the jovial atmosphere of the place. It's kind of a cross between a posh cafe and Fresh n Wild, the organic shop. Fortunately I had left just enough space for the chocolate ginger cake. Yum. So we left feeling very satified that we'd just enjoyed a lovely meal - and had done our bit for the planet too!

No comments: